It is essential that you keep your teeth clean and healthy, and one of the most important ways of achieving this is through regular visits to your general dentist. They will ensure that your mouth, teeth, gums, and overall dental hygiene is up to standard and can aid with any help should you need it.
What is general dentistry?
General dentistry essentially covers your primary dental care needs and will diagnose, treat and manage your oral health. The general dentist’s main aim is to prevent disease and spot any problems with your oral health before they can occur or prevent them from getting any worse. If the conditions they search for are left untreated, they can result in time off of work or school, pain, and perhaps even tooth removal. General dentistry covers CAT scans, wax molds for replacement teeth, and x-rays to determine what is wrong.
What are the benefits of general dentistry?
There are many benefits to general dentistry, and that is why it is so important to attend your dentist regularly. Your dentist is able to clean your mouth much better than you can, and they can also give you tips on how to clean your teeth at home better. They can also detect things such as gum disease, tooth decay, or infections before they develop and turn into anything worse. If there is a case where the general dentist can’t reverse your problem, they will fix it, such as with fillings. It is so important to keep your dental health in check as otherwise, you can find that you suffer from a range of health issues. Bad oral hygiene has been found to contribute to many other conditions, such as heart disease. This is due to an increased risk of bacterial infection in the bloodstream that can affect your heart valves.
What general dentistry procedures do we offer?
Here at Rider Family Dentistry, we offer a range of general dentistry procedures to aid your oral health. We pride ourselves on our exemplary service and top care each and every time. Our general dentistry services include:
- Bonding to fix small chips or cracks in your teeth. Tooth bonding involves putting a tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth to repair the damage. The resin is then hardened with a blue light and shaped to your liking.
- Fillings to make up for any damage in your teeth and ensure they are as strong and healthy as possible. Once decay on a tooth is removed, the hole can be filled in with a dental filling. This is also a composite resin material that is hardened by a blue light.
- Inserting crowns (also called “caps”) that can fit over any broken tooth to help protect them and maintain their structure. If you have one or more natural crowns missing, Dr. Rider may suggest a dental bridge. These are a few dental crowns attached together that are anchored to nearby healthy teeth. The bridge goes over the gap where the missing tooth is to make it appear as a natural tooth.
- Root canal treatment to sort out an infected bit of tissue within a tooth.
- Fitting dentures. These are used to replace any tooth you might have lost due to disease or an accident.
- Dental cleaning in the form of a “scale and polish” is where it will be professionally cleaned and ensure maximum dental health
Get in touch with us today to find out how we can help with our general dentistry services. We are here to help you with any inquiries and assist you with all the services above.